One of the hardest things in our lives is describing ourselves but somewhere deep down inside, we know who we are, what we want, and where and when we are happiest.
So for my birthday today I think it is a pretty good representation of all that. I chose to list 27 Things because 27 was the hardest year of my growing-up life so far and every other day after the 27years I believe will be pretty much easier, I think better days are here for me.
1. I Am the 1st in a family of six and my full names are Adefenwa Adeniyi Adebola Joshua Ishola Babatunde Sunday Rabiu Adeshina, I named myself Arthur after the legendary British leader of the late 5th and early 6th centuries. I love everything British though I don’t know what Heathrow Airport looks like.
2. I have a problem with identifying colours but am not colour blind and Mathematics scares me
3. I escaped expulsion twice in secondary school for protesting against the injustice my account and English teachers did to me, they both failed me in tests because I taught others
4. I was not made a prefect in secondary school because the principal caught me and a girl playing roughly during school hour but he told the teachers I can’t be a prefect because I had a Pass in Yoruba Language
5. When I left secondary school, I was told I have been registered for a computer engineering programme, I asked my mum why she wanted to embarrass me because the closest I ever was to a computer was about 100feet, I cried for 3days but at the end of the programme, I graduated as the best student of the institute
6. I wanted to study Accounting in Olabisi Onabanjo University and also do rap music, but I ended up studying Economics, in Lasu and instead of doing Rap am writing articles.
7. I still don’t know how to ask a girl to date me but everybody around me thinks am a womaniser though I once dated 4girls at the same time, 2 in the same compound
8. I love eating Eba and vegetable soup a lot but only at home.
9. I hardly listen to gospel music because I feel most of the gospel artists are hypocrites, I’ll rather listen to DMX sing about God and I don’t believe anybody knows the Bible more than I do.
10. I was born and raised a Christian but have prayed in the mosque more than 20times till I realised I don’t belong there
11. I can’t travel without my Bible
12. I can neither dance nor swim to save my life
13. I Am very shy, Josh on the internet plays a lot but Josh in real life is very quiet and my voice scares me
14. I think better when am depressed, I write better when am disturbed
15. I still cry a lot
16. I prefer stubborn and brilliant Ibo/ Edo/ Delta ladies to girls to gentle and brilliant Yoruba ladies and In my mind I see ladies that wear make ups as lacking confidence and artificial.
17. I trust easily, love deeply, am honest, am a good listener(because I hardly talk), hardly get angry but once I loose it last for 30 unbearable seconds, and I don’t forget easily.
18. I once had interest in repairing electronics until I opened a TV one day, I forgot to unplug it, and I placed my hands on the tube, I knew I was dead for about 30seconds until the TV fell from my laps.
19. I protested against a lecturer in the university in 100level and he almost got me shot by the campus marshals claiming I was a cultist
20. I never dated anyone in the university. Before you throw stones , please ask her, we never dated at all.
21. Before NYSC, I had only spent 28hours outside Lagos
22. I Am from Igbore Abeokuta but I have never been there, I have only spent 16hours in Ogun state
23. I have more virtual friends than I ever will have in real life
24. I stopped boozing the day I woke up in the middle of the night and started rapping after getting drunk at a friend’s party
25. I started blogging last year, I wrote an article ‘The Economics of Love”, after publishing it on my blog, I felt my brain was exhausted and I went blank for nine months, couldn’t write at all.
26. I hate to see a woman cry and hate to be thanked in public.
27. 27 is what am celebrating today.
Guess have been able to tell you about myself, it wasn’t easy coming up with these but thanks for reading. Happy Birthday To Me